3.11.2012

Albuquerque Day 2

We got up this morning and had breakfast and decided that we should stay another day. So I talked to the front desk and booked another night (because my hubby didn't want to book hotels in case we got somewhere and didn't want to be tied down to that place due to a hotel reservation).

For some reason I woke up at 2 and couldn't sleep. So for some unknown reason I looked out the hotel window and saw that it was snowing...... pretty good. By the time we got up and got ready for the day, it had warmed up enough to melt the snow. :(




Since it's Sunday we went to church services first thing (after breakfast). After services we found two places on Diner Drive-ins and Dives (or DDD). I talked about this before in my last post yesterday. We tried to eat at Cecilia's but they were closed today. So we drove to Sophia's place.


In truth, it was ok. We both had the pork tacos and they were good, but messy. I ended up staining my shirt because it was so juicy.

After we left lunch, we spent the majority of the day at the Nuclear Museum. It was pretty cool. I got to be a kid again and play with some really cool toys. They had this backyard section with many plans from some past wars. We took some pictures next to the plains and I didn't realize how big they were. Check out the pictures below.













After we visited the museum we visited what's called "Old Town". It's where Albuquerque started.






Then for dinner I found this local pizza place called Giovanni's Pizzaria. It was pretty good. We got it and brought it back to the hotel. It was pepperoni and green chili. Man I'm noticing a pattern here. They all like green chili's on their pizza.  I heard the McDonalds will put it on your egg mcmuffin if you want. We might have to try that one out.

Tomorrow we head to Arizona. 

No comments:

Post a Comment