3.10.2012

The Road Trip

Well, the hubby and I have been driving since Thursday after work. I got Friday off and we left Thursday night. Boy has it been fun. We've been playing this trip kind of by ear.... a little.

Here's the recap of the past few days.

Thursday:
We left Houston and drove to Temple, Texas. We staying in a Marriott Hotel and it turns out that I feel in love with their pillows. Go figure. I have looked for pillows for ever and these are really wonderful. 

Anyway.....

Friday:
We left Temple and headed to Clovis, New Mexico. We got to Clovis and it was cool. Along the way we saw the terrain change quite drastically. We found this really good mexican joint called, Leal's (sounds like Lee-Al's). It was good for being out of Texas. I was shocked... they had some good hot sauce and chips. The enchiladas was good. The hubby got the chilli relleno with chicken. It was delicious. There wasn't much else to do there. It's really like a city out in the middle of no where, but it was cool for our first pit stop in New Mexico.

Saturday:
We get up from the hotel in Clovis and decide to head out of town. On our way out we see the Train Depot Museum. It turns out that they didn't open until noon so we couldn't go but they had this really cool train out front and I got a picture of it before the charge battery message came on. :( 



It took us about three and a half hours to get to Albuquerque. Once we got here we went to the Sandia Peak Ski & Tramway. We didn't ski, but we road the tram to the top. It was soooo cool. It took about 15 minutes to get to the top and once we got there we were 10, 378 feet above sea level. Now at our house, we are about 26 feet above sea level. So, this was a huge change for us. After riding the lift to the top, we got off and walked around for a little bit. It was 18 degrees when we got there. Man were we cold. I'm so glad we had our jackets. My ears and toes got so cold that I asked the hubby if we could go to the restaurant. So we went in to thaw out and gain blood in our toes again, and got some drinks. I got a hot chocolate and the hubby got coffee. Man did we feel better after that. Then we watched some people ski down the mountain and fall off the chair lifts. It reminded me of when I went skiing a few years ago. Then we road the lift down the mountain and found our hotel. We checked in and found a Chinese buffet place to eat. 

Tomorrow we are going to try two places that I saw on Diners, Drive ins, and Drives. Once place is called Cecilia's and the other is Sophia's Place. They look really good and I can't wait to try them.

I'll try to post tram pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment