10.22.2013

Monday: Themed Dinner


Over the weekend the Hubby and I went grocery shopping. While we were perusing the meat department, we bought three different types of sausages. One was a kielbasa, bratwurst, and a knackwurst. We cooked four of each along with German potato salad and red cabbage (that was store bought).

It turned out great. I really like that potato salad. It's a warm salad and has bacon in it. You can't beat anything with bacon in it. Bacon just makes everything so much better. I took left overs for lunch and they were still delicious.

Well, this got me thinking. We should have a themed dinner every night this week. What way to spice up dinner than to make each night a different theme of food. So I texted the Hubby to see if he had anything in mind for dinner tonight and he replied back, stir-fry. So tonight I guess is going to be Chinese night.

Here is a picture of the plate. It was as good as it looked.

 



Then it got me thinking again about eating healthy. Not sure where that came from, but it popped in my head. So then I decided that while I was going to eat healthy that I wanted to run a 5K. So now, I'm going to try to eat healthy and get in shape for a 5K.

I know what you are thinking. We're getting close to the holidays. How are you going to make it. Well, here's how. When I think about the holidays I don't eat a lot of sweets. I might have a cookie or two a day, or maybe a slice of pie, but that's about it. I've stopped being a huge sweets person. Don't get me wrong, I love my sweets, but I don't gorge myself on them like I used to. Then when you look at the actual holiday day itself, I don't gorge myself then either. I eat whatever meat we are having, some mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and a role. THEN if I have any room left, I eat a slice of pie. I've really learned the key to moderation.

I also figured that if I do really good, then on those days I can afford to eat an extra slice of pie or cookie.

So, I've decided in order to get into shape for the 5K (whenever I sign up), I will eat healthier (more fruits and veggies than I am now) and start to exercise more. Last year I had an iPhone and downloaded the Couch to 5K app. Then I went to an Android phone. Well, now I'm back to an iPhone and I still have that app. So I reinstalled it on my phone. So I thought I would use that as a starting point to get into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment