10.05.2014

Sailing in the Bay

Have you ever made a bucket list? Well, in January I turn 30. I have slowly started making that list of things I want to do and places I want to see.

A couple of weeks ago some friends asked us to go sailing with them. My girlfriend said that she found this really interesting Groupon. It was a sunset cruise out into the Gulf. We left around 6 p.m. and came back around 9 p.m.

It was so much fun! When we got on, we had a few instructions on what to do, but then we were off. After we got out in the bay, we were able to drive the boat. There were 3 couples on the boat. So the 6 of us set sail.

After we got about 2 miles off the coast, we were able to move around the boat freely. So while the other couple, Brian, decided to drive the boat my girlfriend, Jane, and I took pictures. Here are some of the pictures I took.


(names have been changed for privacy)


Here is the boat that we went out on, and her captain.




I love this picture. I love the natural sun flare and reflection in the water.



Here is the other couple that went with us, Brian and Sarah. 



This is looking back towards the boardwalk and bridge that goes over the bay.



This was at sunset. The sun was setting over the bridge.




This was on the boat looking at the moon, between the two sails.



Here is my handsome hubby. 



I took this one on the back of the boat, as I was taking over to drive. This looks out into the Gulf.



This one my friend, Jane, took of me driving the boat. It was a lot harder than you think.



I love how you can see the sun rays. I was trying to so hard to capture them. 




Here's another of the moon coming out behind the sail.



Here is the boardwalk. You hardly ever get to see it from this side (the ocean). Normally we see it when we cross the bridge or on the land side. It's neat that you get to see the roller coaster on the left with the drop tower, the farris wheel, and the needle.





Brian and Sarah enjoying the ride. 



Here is Brian teaching Jane how to steer the boat. 


Here is another picture of Brian, Jane, and Sarah. He's telling her to find a fixed point to steer towards.



Here is Brian and his wife, relaxing on the boat.



Here are a few pictures that Jane took of our trip.








I hope you enjoyed looking at my pictures. We all had a wonderful time and I would HIGHLY recommend it. If you have a place near you that you can rent a sail boat and have someone take you out, I would go. We were able to eat dinner too while out there. It was so relaxing. We even saw a dolphin swim next to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment