10.08.2012

Detox Day 5

Today marks the 5th day of my detox program. Its been a little rough sometimes, but as the day goes by the more proud of myself I am. I have had several trials and tribulations along the way.

It hasn't been easy. Take Saturday for example. I ate lunch with my mother and one of her friends. We went to a local French Cafe called, Le Madeline's. I love their tomato basil soup, chicken salad sandwich, or their caesar salad. Just thinking about it makes me want some soup right now. 

Anyway, I had the wild field salad, which is your basic mixed greens and a balsamic vinegar dressing. It was really good. After lunch, mom and her friend decided to get some dessert for their get together that night. Oh man, did I want some chocolate cake, or an eclair, or even a napoleon. It all sounded so good but as they were ordering I just couldn't take it any more. I wanted it all. So I stepped out side and went to my car. I pulled out a banana and ate it. It wasn't a chocolate dessert but it did make me stop wanting something sweet. The fruit its self was plenty sweet enough, to full fill my sweet tooth craving. 



Here are a few things that I've learned, noticed, or even lost in the last 5 days.

1. This morning I officially lost 1.8 pounds in 4 days.

2. I went down one notch on my belt.

3. I'm having more energy through out the day. More than if I had a Starbucks. You know when you drink coffee and you get that caffeine high? I don't have those any more. I have just pure energy from my body. It's a completely different feeling. A natural feeling.

4. My nails started to grow super fast. It normally takes my nails about a week to start showing the white part, but after 4 days, they are getting longer and stronger.

5. My sinuses have completely cleared. I can breath and they are so clear. I don't have any kind of rattling from the mucus or liquid. It's just plain air coming and going. 

6. Between eating a lot of fruit and drinking 1/2 gallons of water  a day, I'm not getting those charlie horses or calf cramps. I can flex my legs and not have to worry about getting a muscle spasm. 

7. I used to have a little tightness around my heart. It always seemed liked it just had this slight tightness to it. Since I started eating clean and detoxing that feeling as gone away.

8. Growing up I had a lot of stomach problems..... and still do. I've always had trouble with my digestive system. My tummy always hurts, my liver, and side hurts. I've cramping in my intestines and just an uncomfortable feeling. Since I started detoxing, I haven't had any of those feelings. My whole system seems to be functioning wonderful. The way God designed it to work. Also, I don't pass gas as much as I did before. And it doesn't smell. I didn't realize how much the carbs and meat play into how that works. 




I started out weighing 230.8 pounds.  Today I weighed for the first time since I started and I weigh 229 even.

My waist measured 47 inches around. I haven't measured that today, but I'll do that in the morning.

1 comment: