10.04.2012

Detoxing day 1

Today is the first day that I start a detox program. I'm super excited and super nervous. This is going to be A LOT harder than I first thought it would be.

The program is 21 days. The first 10 days you eat fruits and veggies. Then the 11 day to the 21 day you get to slowly incorporate meat back into your diet. I also have to take supplement pills.

The supplements.


I went to the store after work yesterday and I bought "hopefully" enough food for the next 3-4 days. I made my smoothie for breakfast tomorrow, as well as, my lunch (a salad) and snacks (grapes). It took an hour to get all that ready. There was so much washing, drying, and cutting. I'm tired just thinking about it.


After grocery shopping.

Before I decided to just jump straight off into this, I did a little homework. I really wanted to devote my full 21 days to actually trying this and benefiting from it. For the last week and a half, I have created a daily sheet of each meal and a calendar.

The calendar and daily meal plan.


The calendar just helps me see what day I'm on, since different days you do different things (i.e. 11 day can start eating meat, taking certain pills on certain days, etc.). The sheets I made have every meal I eat everyday. There are 6 sections or categories. There is Breakfast, then a snack, lunch, then a snack, dinner, and then a snack. I taped the fist 4 days on the cabinets in the kitchen with the calendar so I can keep track of things. After the 4th day, I'll put up the next 4 days, and keep changing them out, until I finish the detox. Supposedly you can lose up to 30 pounds doing this. I can see why. You aren't eating any carbs, sugars, processed foods, and starches. It's just fruits and veggies (and their supplements pills that consist of protein and fiber).

The daily meal plan.

I also have to drink a minimum of 64 ounces a day. That's 1/2 a gallon or the recommended 8 glasses of water per day. So I went online to Amazon.com and bought a 1/2 gallon water bottle. I've been using it all week and boy does that make it easier to drink straight from one container than trying to figure out what glass I'm on, or how many bottle of waters I've already taken. I just look at it and keep drinking until it's empty.

The water bottle.

I'm also going to post all my measurements, weight, height, etc. Not because I want to brag about how much I lost in the end or spread to the world how much I weigh, but because I want to see if for myself in writing. So when I look back a week after I'm done, I can see how healthy I am and what I achieved. Also, if someone wants to do it, they can see someone else go through it and what happened to them.


UPDATE:

Here is the salad I made last night for today's lunch. It had the following ingredients:

Lettuce
Spinach
Red bell pepper
Mushrooms
Carrots
and chives





Well, I have a splitting headache. I had a little trouble at work today. I guess I didn't take enough food and on top of that, I'm trying to adjust to the first 10 days of no meats. I've gotten the water part down. I had a hard time with not eating constantly.

I'm trying to conform my old eating style into the new one. I'm used to eating basically 3 big meals a day but instead, I need to change my thoughts to eating 6 meals a day.  I think between that and eating more than just 15 grapes, I should be ok.

I talked to my friend and she said the first 3 days are the hardest... at least for her. I'm hoping I'm the same. Of course I have a few things she doesn't. Like I weigh a lot more and I'm not used to eating THIS healthy.

She did tell me she was proud of me. I really appreciate that. I feel like I'm struggling a little. I'm sure things will get better, but at this moment, I'm feeling a little down. I think it must be working. I started to cry on the way to get my hair cut. Maybe I'm really psyching myself out. Who knows. Here's to riding it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment