4.13.2013

Make ahead Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes

For Easter my side of the family asked me to bring a potato dish. So my dad and I talked about what I should bring.

He told me that there is this Chef's site he found and the guy is wonderful. He gave me the web address of course I had to check it out. The picture below is what the finished product looks like. Mine turned out just like this.

If you do what he says you can't mess it up. It's super fast to make, easy, and a great change up to the plain jane mashed potatoes.

Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes Source

Click here to go to his site.

 He has a video on his page of how he makes this. It's so wonderful. I think next time, I'm going to add some cooked bacon to the dish. That should be really delicious.

Don't get me wrong... this was great the way it was. But our family is a bacon family and I think it would have been even better.

I watched his short video and followed along exactly and it turned out great. If you need a good potato dish to take some where this is another good one. I recommend making it.

It's so light, fluffy, melts in your mouth, and has a wonderful flavor and texture.


Ingredients:
4 1/4 pounds russet potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
cayenne to taste
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
3/4 cup milk
1 egg yolk


No comments:

Post a Comment