1.29.2012

Finishing the bathroom

So I'm almost finished with the master bathroom. I"m super super excited. I finished the second to last part, the tub. Here is what it looked like before. As you can see, the yellow stuff is the glue backing that is between the vinyl wall paper and what you stick it too. On the floor in the front I have a sponge, glass of water, and a putty tool.


I dipped the sponge in the water and then whipped the glue backing. After I got it soaked enough and waited about 1 minute, I used the putty tool and started scrapping the glue off. The water makes it super easy to peel right off. I've had multiple people tell me to use the wall paper stuff from Lowes or Home Depot, but the truth is water works just as good, and it's free. :) The one thing not in the picture is frog tape. I love it. It's way better than Blue painters tape. When you pull it up, it doesn't pull the paint off with it and it pulls up super easy, not like it's stuck to the surface it's on. What I did with the frog tape is lined the area I was going to texture before I sprayed the texture on. 

Here is the texture I bought from Lowes. We used this texture through out our whole bathroom experience. It took us more cans that what we thought, but I'm really happy with the out come of it. 



Below you can see the front of the tub looks like after I put the frog tape down and then sprayed the texture. After I let it set for about 5-10 minutes (the color turns from blue to white) I started painting. It took only about 15 minutes to paint the whole thing.




Here is the finished project. I'm super happy with the over all look of the bathroom. It's really turned out great. Now on to the kitchen.




************************************************
Here is the bathroom before with the wall paper. You can see I've somewhat got the paper off.




 A HUGE thank you goes out to the hubby!! If it wasn't for him, I'd spent more timet than I really wanted to. I took a total of 2 months and he did most of the work. He got the paper pulling rhythm faster than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment