1.22.2012

Growing a garden

Well we decided to grow a garden. We ordered some seeds online, from Burpee, and they came in a couple of weeks ago. We also bought from Lowes, those garden trays that come with the dirt in it, and then you just add the seeds and water. I asked the Hubby and he said we've been doing it for 2 or 3 weeks.

Here are some pictures of what it's starting to look like. Ok, this is the only good picture I took. Do you see the very tall plant in the front that looks like it's almost touching the candle? That was our first green bean to grow. They are coming a long very well.




Here is what we built in our backyard (which isn't very big either). It's our  own little garden. The long skinny one is going to host our beans. The other two big ones are going to have tomatoes, peppers, swiss chard, and okra with some different kinds of herbs and carrots. I'm excited about getting our own little garden going. It reminds me of when my dad used to plant one in our backyard and we would go out there and get some fresh stuff. I can't wait for my Big Guy peppers to sprout. Then I can make some homemade stuffed jalapeno's. We still need to get some fertilizer and soil but other than that, we are almost good to go. :) The net is going to get fixed (some how), to keep the birds out of. I'm not sure how my hubby is going to orchestrate it.



Here are some of the seeds we bought. This is what we are planting in the spring. We have some others that are going to get planted in the fall.