1.31.2012

Bonito- Burrito Dinner

So tonight I cooked one of my hubby's favorite meals that his mom makes, burritos. It's actually not that hard. It's super easy. They only hard part was defrosting the meat. :)

Ingredients:
- About 3-4 pounds of meat. I used 80/20, but I like 85/15 (less grease to drain after it's cooked.).
- chopped onions
- seasoning for the meat (I used onion pwder, garlic pwder, chili pwdr, and black pwder) I eye ball it and then taste it.
- tortillas (flavor of your choice... I mainly use flour tortillas)
- refried beans
- Shredded cheese
- 9 x 13 pan
- Oven to 350

*This recipe will be a little different than what I normally do. I think it'll be a whole lot better.*

In short, here is what I did:

1. Lay tortillas flat on counter and spread beans evenly one side.
2. Sprinkle cheese over the beans.
3. Pour the meat on top. About one spoon scoop.
4. Roll the tortilla like an enchilada. Then I put a small touch of beans, where the tortilla that will be on the outside touches. This helps seal it shut (in my opinion).
5. Place in the baking dish.
6. Repeat process until the pan is full. (I can normally fit about 8 in a dish.
7. Then I spread the beans on top of the tortillas. Nothing perfect just hap hazardly.
8. Then I put some more onions on top (because I like onions).
9. Then I poured the rest of the meat on top.
10. Then I put cheese on top of it again.
11. Then bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Just until everything is heated and the cheese is melted.

side note: I put some picante sauce on top and it was good.







Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment