2.08.2012

Wreaths

Last night some of my friends and I got together and crafted. Our theme was Valentine's. I wanted to craft a felt heart that I saw on The Idea Room's site but Michaels didn't have the heart shaped styrofoam I wanted. So instead I found this cool wreath on Crafty Little Beana, which I originally found on Pinterest. So here are some of the items I bought. Not pictured is the black polka dot ribbon and the spray paint for the wreath (everything was bought at Michael's for a total of $68).


So here is what I did. I bought a wreath and spary painted it some color green (I'll find out and repost).

Here are the paints I bought (3 from the Martha Stewart Collection).


I bought a pack of 4 piece wooden circles. I used a whole punch and punched a circle in the top (see the pink painted circle on the plate below).



I used the pink paint I bought to match the flowers and painted one of the circles.

Here's a bunch of the fake flowers I bought at Michael's and I couldn't find them in the red, like the picture, so I bought them in pink. Plus it looks springy.


Here is the almost finished wreath. After I cut the stems off the flowers, I hot glued them to the wreath so they didn't fall out.



Here's the close up.

I'm still working on the circle with the letter of our last name on it. I'll post that when I get it done (hopefully Thursday night).

No comments:

Post a Comment