12.18.2012

True Love

On Friday 20 children lost their lives. It was a horrible and tragic event. Precious children who won't get to open presents this year, see family members, or play in the snow.

Then tonight, my husband and I had a discussion about christmas and that we both didn't want anything, then what should we do, should we save the money, take a weekend vacation, etc. Well, I had left the room and gone to my art room to work on a fun project. 

Well, that got me to thinking. What if I were to die tonight, or tomorrow? Would he really know how I feel about him? So I started to think about this.

Every day he gets up and goes to work in a plan as a contractor for an electric company (he's an electrician). He always kisses me goodbye and says he loves me. One night we had a fight about something (who knows now) but I remember the next morning I was still wanting to make my point. My wonderful husband looked at me in the morning glow of the rising sun and said, "Shhhh!! Let's not fight. I may not come home tonight." Astonished, I asked the ever pressing question. "Why wouldn't you come home?" He replies, "Because I work in a chemical plant and its dangerous and I don't want the last thing I remember of you to be a fight this morning."Again, I was astonished. My husband had actually put thought into this.

So tonight, as I think about last Friday and those poor children, I also think of my husband. The man I love and the man I married almost 2 years ago. 

So all that to say, here is what I would want my husband to know if I were to die tonight, or tomorrow, or the next day.



Dear Honey,

For the past year and 9 months, you have brought joy to my life. I know we have our fights and are still finding out how to make this marriage work, but know that I love you very much. It's the smile on your face when you walk in the door after you get home from work that lights up heart. It's the way you kiss me to death and stall me from making dinner some nights. 

You have a tender heart and a wonderful soul. Everyone at church services always tells me so and the truth is, you do. I see it when you talk to our friends. You try to do what's right and put God first. You are kind, caring, and loving. I couldn't have asked for a better man, a better husband, and a better partner. I look forward to what the Lord has in store for us.

Love,
Your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment