5.03.2012

Coffee Mug Swap pt. 2

OK, yesterday and today I spent after work shopping for a coffee mug for my new friend Tiffany. It's kind of hard to find a cup for someone you don't really know and hope they like it. So just in case she reads this post, this is all I can say (until I know she's got it. In which case, then I'll post a picture). :)

I bought it at Vera Bradley (who I just found out is a wonderful store).
I paid less than $20.
And I have no doubt she's going to love it.

I'm looking forward to what I'm getting. I can't wait. It's so great to get a present in the mail and to see what people choose for you.

While I was buying her coffee cup, I found this cool key chain thing. Not sure exactly what you call it, but it's cool. It keeps your keys together then you can snap the pink part around the strap and then you don't have to look in the bottom of your purse to find them.



*********************
On a different note:
*********************

I had to go to the Apple store after work. The lens on the back of my iPhone was all scratched up. When I would take pictures, it would show up blurry and faded. So $30 later, I had a brand new back cover. While I was waiting for the guy to come back with my phone, I found this really cool cover. For those who don't know, Speck is my last name (which in Italian, means Bacon).


2 comments:

  1. wait, your last name mean Bacon? How did I not know that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yea!! :) I didn't know till we were on our honeymoon, sitting in an Italian restaurant ordering dinner one night. There was this huge menu on the wall over my head with everything and it had Speck in big letters. Dave was like, "hey look we're on the menu tonight. Did you know our name means bacon?"

    Here is the wiki link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speck

    Speck is a distinctively juniper-flavored ham originally from Tyrol, a historical region that since 1918 partially lies in Italy. Speck's origins at the intersection of two culinary worlds is reflected in its synthesis of salt-curing and smoking.

    The first historical mention of Speck was in the early 13th century when some of the current production techniques were already in use. Südtiroler Speck (Italian: Speck Alto Adige) is now a protected geographic designation with PGI status.[1]

    In parts of the English-speaking culinary world, the term "speck" refers to Italian speck, a type of prosciutto, rather than German speck, which is identical to the Italian "lardo". The term "speck" became part of popular parlance only in the eighteenth century and replaced the older term "bachen", a cognate of "bacon".

    ReplyDelete