3.22.2013

Blackberry Peach Cobbler

I made a pie the other night. I decided that a good Asian meal needed a "country" pie. This is another Pinterest inspired dessert and a success. Although, it wasn't as good the next day. 

I also changed the recipe a little bit too. The recipe had a part where you make a biscuit and then put it on top. Well, I was trying to get the Mongolian Beef knock of dinner made that I decided to speed up the pie business. So I put it in a pie crust instead. So instead of the biscuits I used a pie crust and followed the rest of the recipe like normal.

I cut slits in the pie crust on top and put an egg wash on it. I also add a little sugar too.



Here is the recipe from sugar and spice. I didn't have ice cream, which would have finished it off, but I did have two slices. So, I'm not complaining.

Below is the recipe and pictures from sugar and spice's site.

Enjoy!!! I know we did. :)

********************************************************



Blackberry Peach Cobbler










Blackberry Peach Cobbler
Adapted from:  Gourmet, September 2005

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 cups plus 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 1/4 lb blackberries (5 cups)
  • 2 lb peaches (6 medium), peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons buttermilk

Directions:
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425°F. Butter a 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish (3-quart capacity). 

Whisk together cornstarch and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a large bowl, then add blackberries and peaches and toss to combine well. Transfer to baking dish and bake until just bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes. 

While fruit bakes, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in another large bowl, then blend in butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and stir just until a dough forms. 

Drop dough onto hot fruit mixture in 12 mounds (about 1/3 cup each), then sprinkle dough with remaining teaspoon sugar. Bake cobbler until top is golden, 25 to 35 minutes. Serve warm. 

Cooks' note: Cobbler can be baked 6 hours ahead and cooled completely, uncovered, then chilled, covered. Before serving, let stand at room temperature 1 hour, then reheat in a preheated 350°F oven until warm, about 20 minutes. 


Just before going into the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment