3.31.2013

Strawberry Picking

Last Friday was Good Friday... and since I got off from work, dad and I got to spend time together. We normally don't get to spend too much time and growing up he was always doing shift work, so I didn't see him much.

So we spent one whole day doing whatever we wanted when we wanted. If you haven't noticed we like to garden. So we went to some feed shops that sold seeds and bought some to plant.

Then dad wanted to go to a place a couple of cities away. Apparently during the spring you can pick your own strawberries. They have several acres with rows where you can go out pick.

We had a GREAT time!!! It was unbelievable. Dad and I were like kids in a candy store. I couldn't stop picking. It was so addicting. I picked and picked and picked. I think that was the most fun dad and I had, other than him playing golf and me putting the ball on the tee for him. :)

Here are some pictures of our day together.





My bucket of strawberries.




Dad picking strawberries.



Me with my bucket and dads. You can see the rows behind me. It was crazy. Every where you turned there were strawberries so red, juicy, and flavorful waiting to be picked.




The perfect strawberry. I couldn't have picked a better one. 



And of course, dad and I together. Nothing like having a great weekend. In fact, we had so much fun, when we were done we emptied our buckets into a brown paper bag and then went back out to pick another bucket each.




Here was our first picking.



When we got home this was the total amount dad picked.



After we washed them, we bagged them and put them in the freezer.



But first, we had to have a smoothie. It was so sweet, fresh, rich, and had so much flavor.



I think we are going to have to make this a yearly tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment