3.16.2013

Fondue For You

I was reading my favorite blog: The Small Things Blog and she posted on there the other day about having fondue. http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/2013/01/fondue-for-you.html

I thought, hmmm..... Why not do this for Valentines day? What a great idea to make our night special. So that's exactly what I did. For weeks I searched high and low for a cute fondue pot. Needless to say the only cute ones I found were on Amazon. They are so expensive and so small. I found one at Pier 1. It looked like a baby pot.

Then I was talking to my mom and she said she had some, so I went to her house to pick them up and they were from the 70's. Man, did they look "interesting".

So for dinner I tried to think what would make a great treat. After weeks of pondering it finally hit me. My husband LOVES dried meat and sausages, as well as cheeses. So what a better way to start the night with a selection of dried meats and cheeses for an appetizer. I also baked some asparagus in the oven and boy was that delicious!!!!




For dinner I made chicken pesto pasta.





Now for the best part. Dessert. We set up the coffee table with the fondue pot and some dipping pieces. I picked up strawberries, pineapple, pound cake, and marshmallows. We had a great time sitting on the couch dipping and watching tv.






What did you do for Valentines day?

No comments:

Post a Comment