3.20.2013

Playing in Toys R Us

Over the weekend our nephew turned 5. His parents had a family party for him at my mother-in-laws house in the afternoon so we made it a lunch party.

They cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill with baked beans and pasta salad. My sister-in-law did a great job on the pasta salad. I don't like artichoke hearts, which the salad had some, and it was still delicious.

Since the party was at 1:00 we needed to get a gift. Lately the birthday boy has been talking about how he wants to be a construction worker when he grows up. So we went to Toys R Us and got him the Home Depot Circular Saw, the Home Depot Tools in Carry Case, and the Home Depot Bendable Screwdriver Set.




He seemed to really enjoy them. He ripped the package open fast and thanks to Uncle Dave, he was able to play with them right away.


BUT, while we were there we had a little fun of our own. There's nothing like being a kid again. While we were looking for his toys we found some really cool masks. I tried on the Spiderman one and Dave tried on the lizard.

I noticed in the picture that there is a mask above Dave's head on the shelf. It looks like it's an Angry Bird's pig mask. Oh, had I seen that before, I would have put that one on. 




Then I found the Iron Man one and HAD to try that one on. It almost matches my shirt.



Dave found the Captain America one. He also found his shield. It said that it would fly and I was like, "Really??" and Dave goes, "Well, yea it's a frisbee." I should have known....duh!! I'd call that  a blond moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment